Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Gospel Plea for Rosie O'Donnell

Recently, Rosie O'Donnell was accosted with Ad Hominem attacks outside of the Super Bowl by a man purporting himself to be a Christian open-air preacher.  I do not know the man's true condition, but he is certainly NOT acting like one who is born again and he is NOT delivering the true Gospel in love to Rosie O'Donnell....

As someone who does open-air preach from time to time I get really torqued to see people out there doing it wrong and giving the rest of us a bad name...  So I decided to compose a video response to the video and direct it to Rosie in hopes she will see it and hear the true Gospel.

If you watch and agree with this video would you please consider posting this on Rosie's facebook and twitter?  I'm not out to spam or harass her at all, but I do hope this does find her eyes and ears and more importantly I pray that God will pierce her heart with the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you not obey the scriptures and come to me before you slander me. You are ignorant of the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, considering I do not know you it would be hard to come to you. Secondly, can I assume that this comment is a post from James Lyman, the "preacher" who assaulted Rosie O'Donnell verbally outside the Super Bowl? If so, sir, my comments were not addressed to you, they were addressed to Rosie.

    Therefore there was no need to contact you first. I am more than happy to hear you out if you can provide scripture (IN CONTEXT) to support your love-less words to her.

    I am not at all suggesting that you alter or water down truth when speaking to the lost. Not at all. I am however inclined to remind you that the Scriptures say that we are to speak the truth in love. We do that not by watering it down or altering it, but by sticking to the truth and staying away from unhelpful hate-filled remarks.

    God, because He is perfect and Holy is able to perfectly hate both sin and the sinner, and love the sinner at the same time.

    We however, being sinful beings, are only able to hate the sin, not the sinner. We are to love them and the most loving thing we can do is tell them the truth of their sin and plead with them to repent and come to Christ.

    Finally, if you believe that the only sin Rosie (or any other homosexual) has is her homosexuality then you are sorely mistaken.

    Use the law, trust the Spirit to bring conviction, and trust God to save whom He will save.

    Your comments are welcome, but let me advise you that I review all comments before posting them and so if you deviate from Scripture based discussion of the issue at hand and launch into another hate-filled rant, your comment will not be posted.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget